managing water resources and thereby, improving the economic and social ... For more details, please visit the IDB websi
IDB PRIZE FOR WOMEN’S CONTRIBUTION TO DEVELOPMENT
WOMEN’S CONTRIBUTION TO WATER RESOURCES MAMAGEMENT
The 10th Edition of IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development aims to recognize the essential role of women in managing water resources and thereby, improving the economic and social conditions of their communities.
RECOGNIZING ORGANIZATIONS PROMOTING WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP IN MANAGING WATER RESOURCES In recognition of the efforts made by organizations which empower women and promote women’s participation in the decisionmaking process in water resources management.
In order to be considered for the prize, the attached form must be completed in its entirety and submitted with the required documents. For an electronic copy of the form please visit (www.isdb.org). If submitting electronically, complete the fillable form and submit via email. Alternatively, you may print this form and neatly handwrite or type your response. See section 14 for a list of required supporting materials and section 15 for submission instructions.
TO APPLY The Organization must:
• Be legally registered.
• Be a not for-profit-organisation.
• Be located in one of the IDB member countries or work in the Muslim communities in non-member countries.
• Hold values and principles and exhibit work that do not conflict with those of the IDB.
• Have activities that have proven to be effective.
• Provide support and promote women’s participation in the decision-making process in managing water resources.
• Support projects/activities that are innovative.
• Support projects/activities that are sustainable.
• Exhibit a role that is exemplary and worthy of emulation.
• Be nominated by an independent organization.
SELF NOMINATIONS AND NOMINATIONS BY INDIVIDUALS OR IDB STAFF WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For more details, please visit the IDB website at www.isdb.org The deadline for receiving nomination forms and all supporting materials is 30th November, 2014. Nomination forms received after the deadline date will not be accepted. Any questions may be e-mailed to [email protected]
1. ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
Name of Organization:
2. DETAILS OF THE INSTITUTION RECOMMENDING THE ABOVE ORGANIZATION (Self Nominations are Not Accepted)
Name of Organization:
How did you hear about the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development?
Ministry of Finance
Provide a brief description of the organization including its objectives, activities, annual budget for the last three years.
4. AWARDS AND RECOGNITION RECEIVED BY THE ORGANIZATION
List any awards the organization has received
Organization’s Activities Related to Promoting Women’s Leadership in Managing Water Resources
All details provided below must be specific to the topic of the Prize.
5. DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
Provide details on the specific economic and social services provided by the organization, which has helped to promote women’s participation in the decision-making process in managing water resources.
Provide details on the beneficiaries of the organization’s activities. Include the number of persons who benefitted directly and indirectly.
7. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Detail the financial resources of the organization devoted for the activities related to the Prize topic.
Provide detailed information on how the organization’s activities have helped increase women’s participation in the decisionmaking process in managing water resources.
Provide details on what makes the organization exceptional or unique. What is outstanding or innovative about the organizations activities related to the topic of the Prize.
Describe how the organization’s activities related to the topic of the Prize provide services to a particular segment of a community and how these services are extended to the larger community and beyond.
Detail how the organization is able to continue its activities, financially and operationally. Provide details on how the organization’s activities will help to support future generations. Describe any changes and benefits within the community which were stimulated or a result of the organization’s activities.
12. APPLICATION OF AWARD
Detail how will the award be used to further the activities of the organization related to the topic of the Prize.
13. SUPPORTING MATERIALS
List all of the supporting documents submitted along with the application. If you would like to submit any supporting documents electronically, you may list them here.
14. REQUIRED SUPPORTING MATERIALS
In addition to the completed nomination form, the following supporting materials are required:
• Letter from nominating organization.
• Legal registration documents.
• Two letters of reference (each letter of reference must provide the name, address, position, telephone number and email address of the referee) who can confirm the accuracy of the information submitted on the nomination form and attest to the dedication and commitment of the organization nominated.
• Documents attesting to the overall achievements of the organization.
• Documents from organizations the nominated organization is affiliated with, works with, has membership in, etc.
Documents attesting to the implementation and achievements of the projects related to the topic (e.g. certificates of acknowledgment, photographs, videos, news articles, brochures, leaflets, personal testimonies from women benefitting from the activities of the organization, reports from others on the achievements of the activities, examples of projects/ activities supported, etc.)
15. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
• If possible, the nomination form, together with all supporting materials should be e-mailed to [email protected]
• If the materials sent exceed the limit of sending by one email, please submit in clearly marked separate e-mails.
CHECK LIST FOR COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
Copy of legal registration
Letter of recommendation from nominating organization
Two reference letters
Supporting documentation on organization
Supporting documentation on projects related to the topic
• Letters of reference and any other documents that cannot be sent electronically should be sent via standard mail to this
Capacity Development Department Islamic Development Bank P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432 Saudi Arabia Tel: +966 12 6466787 / 6722 Fax: +966 12 6467828 Email: [email protected]
The deadline for receiving nomination forms and all supporting materials is
30th November, 2014
Nomination forms received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
Cap pacity Develo opment Dep partment Islamic Dev velopment B Bank P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432 Saudi Arabia Tel: +966 12 6722 2 6466787/ 6 Fax: +966 12 646782 28 Em mail: [email protected]