shared interactive whiteboard to display educational content. 7. Scale Information and Knowledge: Students will have the
Post Graduate Programmes
Small & Medium Enterprise Management
The MSMEM is a 20-month (blended) part-time programme borne out of an evident need for entrepreneurship in the Caribbean region, as documented in a number of national and regional studies in recent years. In response, the UWI Lok Jack GSB, in collaboration with several commercial banks, business leaders and policymakers, created this programme to bridge the entrepreneurship gap, thereby making the region's economies more sustainable.
Designed for Business Owners, this programme will: Empower existing and future business owners
Teach students how to create opportunities to excel in today’s highly competitive marketplace
Expose students to a globalized environment
1 Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management
Beneﬁts of MSMEM Programme Design
o 100% Online, Accessible & Flexible: Access classes from anywhere in the world, all you need is an internet connection o 100% Practical: No exams. Your business is your project o Success & Legacy Planning: Build your business for future generations o Authentic Learning: Teaching method provides practical courses, assignments, project based and problem based learning activities and presentations that will enhance your knowledge and skills that can be implemented in your organisation
o Consultant for Small and Medium Businesses, Expansion of Business.
MSMEM Alumni Community
o Alumni for the MSMEM programme are business owners who are seeking personal development and growth for their business.
Beneﬁts of the Lok Jack GSB Community - Institutional Accreditation
o Locally accredited by Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Institutional accreditation
- GATE Funding available for eligible individuals - UWI-Lok Jack GSB community with more than 3,000 alumni
o Featured alumni o Local and International Faculty o Academic Faculty who have done extensive research in business education internationally o Practioners who are business owners and have successful operations and expansions in many territories o Faculty who facilitates learning to ensure that you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
- Networking opportunities - Mentorship opportunities with prominent Alumni - Bizbooster - Global HigherEd Job and Career Portal - International Study Trip - Access the UWI´s Facilities (Library, Study rooms, etc.)
2 Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management
Entry Requirements Academic
• First degree with Honours from a recognized university and • A minimum of two (2) years working experience, including self-employment
• Professional certiﬁcate • A minimum of ﬁve (5) years working experience, including self-employment
The MSMEM programme comprises: • 13 online core courses
• 3 face to face workshops
Classes for core courses will be conducted online and students will have the opportunity to interact with classmates and professors in our virtual lecture room. The session will be recorded and uploaded to our e-learning platform and available at your convenience. Mandatory workshops will be conducted face-to-face – which means that you will need to make the required arrangements to attend in the nearest territory (if it becomes necessary as it may not be held in your own country).
Course Details: MSMEM PROGRAMME SCHEMATIC
International and Caribbean Business Environment – 36 hours
Small Business Financial Management – 36 hours
Introduction to Management – 36 hours
Managing People at Work – 36 hours
Operations and Supply Chain Management – 36 hours
Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting – 36 hours
Commercial Law – 36 hours
Workshop – Market Research – 16 Hours
Pricing and Credit Decision – 36 hours
Workshops (a) Professional Development Team Building - 8 Hours (b) Orientation to Online Learning @ Lok Jack GSB – 8 Hours
Trimester 4 Customer Relationship Management – 36 hours Marketing Management – 36 hours
Trimester 5 Network Management for Small Enterprises – 36 hours Growing the Business – 36 hours 3 Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management
Beneﬁts of Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate is a virtual learning environment (e-Classroom) that is used to conduct fully online (synchronous) sessions where students and lecturers can collaborate using interactive tools in order to learn from any location once they have an Internet connection, microphone and speakers.
1. Increase Completion Rates and Retention: Students are provided with a multi-dimensional ﬂexible environment that suits their learning style 2. Geographical Barriers: Enables instructors and students to work together from remote locations throughout the world 3. Build Online Communities: The platform supports a classroom orientation making it very easy for students to interact, collaborate and work as a team, with or without an instructor 4. Save Travel Costs: A virtual environment removes the expense of travel, especially for regional and international students 5. Increases Productivity: As a student you will always be able to access your lectures whether or not you are able to be a part of the live sessions 6. Accommodate Multiple Learning Styles: The virtual classroom provides two-way voice over the internet, instant messaging and a shared interactive whiteboard to display educational content 7. Scale Information and Knowledge: Students will have the ability to record and playback sessions, creating reusable learning objects to maximize access and leverage resources 8. Improved Teaching Resources: This platform has allowed Lok Jack GSB to recruit World Class lecturers.
Requirements for Online Learning • Headset with Microphone and/or Speakers • Working Computer • High Speed Internet Access • A quiet location for class duration • Installation of Illuminate Software - Link will be provided to download and install the software - Link to access the Illuminate Live Session will be provided in Lok Jack eLearning
4 Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management
Admission Process Submit your documents to [email protected]
to determine your eligibility Pay Admission Assessment Fee TT$1000
Complete your Admission Assessment (online)
Once successful, receive Oﬀer Letter from The University of the West Indies and accept Oﬀer via email.
Make your fee payment at UWI-Lok Jack GSB Campus (cash, check, linx) or through a bank deposit.
Attend the Student Orientation
Meet your Learning Assurance Oﬃcer
Register online for your trimester 1 courses (You will need to register for your courses every trimester)
(Date will be provided)
Make the most of your learning journey! Contact us for more information Tel: 645 - 6700 (ext. 200) Email: [email protected]
Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management
Thank you for your interest in our
Master of Small & Medium Enterprise Management programme with the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business.